View Single Post
Old 25 May 2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
I feel the same way about this situation. (a) The watch is still limited, just a little less so than was promised. (b) No obligations were enforced and full refunds were offered (with $50 compensation) to those unhappy with their way of adapting to the situation. (c) Those that were holding them to their word for 5 minute holds had a second chance at getting a watch and (d) They have been incredibly transparent about the entire thing.

This is the most ethical handling of an unfortunate circumstance I've ever seen by a watch brand. After spending 6 months trying to acquire a Rolex and having to navigate the absolute nightmare of a situation (and arguably unethical) that they have created, this kind of honesty is incredibly refreshing. Enough so that I'm certain I'll be adding a Kurono to my collection this year.

I've been on the list for 3-5 micro brand releases in the last 6-8 months and more than one of them had "bugs" or "unavoidable/ unfortunate circumstances" that made a significant fraction of the potential customers unable to get what they thought they would. And each time the end results was "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we will be restocking again in X more months". Basically a nice way of saying "Too bad".

And from what I can see on Instagram / Facebook, it looks like they navigated this situation to arrive at a point where they have more happy customers than unhappy ones. So if that is the case, I think they've done well for themselves.

That sums up the situation perfectly. You spoke my mind better than I would have. Add to it they have done all of that within an hour. In my opinion it should be a biz school case study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote