View Single Post
Old 30 December 2023, 07:05 AM   #5
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

The incredible Simon Brette

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
And that is how it SHOULD be at these levels. Many 'independent' brands have been falling far behind (greatly eliminating) true handcraftsmanship. S Brette chose to truly deliver the very, very best possible. Other brands are surely taking notice here! Simon rocks! :)

Side Note: This is also why i ROF LOL at those who still think the 1960s 'Holy Trinity' marketing scheme has any relevance whatsoever nearly six(!) decades later.

Let us all CELEBRATE true independent brands that greatly exceed out-of-date marketing schemes from the 1960s.

Agree 100% on this. I praise the indie scene for this. I reserve no judgement on the « trilogy » but you are right on target. I mean, one of my fav brands is AP but we are talking of different brand qualities and vision.

SB is next level and in line with Gauthier, Greubel Forsey, Ferdinand Berthoud and others. It caught up quick. Other brands are noticing! Crazy to see what 2026 is going to be with his complicated model. Like you say, awesome to be in the indie space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote