The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 April 2024, 09:34 AM   #11
eggonawindow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdoyouwant? View Post
Are you trolling? You sound like you're trolling.

Are you really saying not buying a MR is "about as disrespectful as it gets" but suggesting that Patek "spent five minutes" on the 6301A is "constructive" criticism? Really?

Of course Patek combined elements of different models into the 6301A. A new case material and dial is pretty normal for a Watches and Wonders submission.
Yes indeed I am because the gentleman in question is buying a 3 hander for 20% more money than a MR. We all know the 3 hander in question is Phillipe Dufour Simplicity.
Why buy a Phillipe dufour time only over a Patek minute repeater? It’s evident reasons such as hand finishing (hand done guilloche dials, handworked anglage) come into play because a minute repeater is leagues above a 3 hander. Yet when I mention those factors, he suddenly doesn’t care about them.
Dont get me wrong , I love Patek minute repeaters. In fact, the 6301P is my favourite. Hence why I criticise the 6301A because I feel that there is 0 innovation in neither the dial nor the movement .
Whats ironic is the 6301P is a play on Phillipe Dufours grande and petite sonnerie. I would advise you and the gentleman in question to read up about them (there are only 8 in the world). Then come back to me and tell me how good the 6301A is.
You know what I think should’ve been released as a unique piece? A version of the 5308P. What a watch. That is Patek at its best - split seconds perpetual calendar chronograph minute repeater . Not copying dufours designs and changing dials .
Why did Patek not invent the grand and petite sonnerie? It could’ve . Now it has the opportunity to go further with a 3rd sonnerie for minute chimes.

Eggonawindow
eggonawindow is offline   Reply With Quote