The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 May 2023, 03:13 AM   #1
Brazen331
"TRF" Member

1086 or 000

My girlfriend made me sell my watches years ago but want to get back into the game and I am currently on a waitlist for a Rolex Sub. While I wait I am considering a Panerai.

I have owned a 000, 113, 25, 183 and 190 in the past. Still really wish I had 3 of the 5, bet you can get which ones.

My question is would it be stupid to buy the 1086 from a boutique or Grey market over getting the 000 used? I loved my zero but I also want all scratches and scuffs on my watch to be my own, not a huge deal but a consideration.

Has Panerai made any improvements to the base model over the years? Which technically is the better watch right now? I bought my 000 for 3,000 brand new and it looks to have gone up in value. Does the same potential exist for the 1086 or will the new models never compete with the early 2000 output?

Just a few questions I have since I am just getting back into the game. Would really appreciate some illumination from knowledgeable Paneristi.
Thanks
Brazen331 is offline   Reply With Quote