View Single Post
Old 22 October 2019, 05:38 AM   #100
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

I suppose I am alone in the room, but I actually really hope it isn't a steel sport watch.

Steel sport watches are the SUV of the watch world. Porsche should not have made one. Ferrari should not have made one. Lamborghini should not have made one. Lange should not make one.

Just because they sell well doesn't mean a company needs to make one. It is, for a brand like Lange, effectively selling out.

When I was a kid I had a poster of a Countach on my wall. It was unhinged, off the wall. Crazy. Amazing. Exciting.
It was the car dreams are made of. Now, when I see a "Lambo" (or whatever the kids are calling them these days) I get a very strong image of who that driver is, and it isn't a good one. I have no desire to ever own one and be associated with their clientele*. The brand changed and is really tarnished in my eyes.

But that's me. And an SUV can fit all the kids hockey gear.

Is this the beginning of the end for Lange (for me)? Maybe. Let's see.

The one exception would be a throw back pilot watch. An all around generic "go anywhere do anything" watch a la 5711 or Royal Oak or diver is a big no from me.

*I have a close friend who has an Aventador and he agrees that the worst part about driving one is knowing who else is driving one.
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote