View Single Post
Old 4 January 2020, 01:47 PM   #104
MrBlahBlah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
AP's UK price increase a few months ago was most likely due to a re-balancing of the GBP to the CHF. To be honest, it was to be expected, as are other price 'balancing' changes for other currencies when compared to the CHF.

It would seem that the latest round of price increases are somewhat global and thus an 'inflation' price increase by AP or simply their prerogative to position their product pricing at a rate that the market will stand.

Price balancing of CHF to global is fine by me, we live in a global economy and that's a consequence.

Price increases for inflation purposes is again something that we should expect.

Price increased on an adhoc basis to capitalise on the market isn't something that I'd have thought was coming, but if that's the reasoning behind it then so be it.

From my perspective, I have a 15407 on order and a 'wish' for another item. The 15407 has just had an increase of nearly 20% in the UK, but I'll still be grateful when it arrives, as my only other option is to pay nearly 40% more than the new price list by going grey.

Frankly, these price increases are a first world problem. The price is the price, take it or leave it. Current owners will be happy as their watches have instantly appreciated, where as new purchasers are the ones actually being 'hit'.

All in all, ho hum and on we go.
I’m sorry, this is a bit of a ridiculous comment. First of all, inflation adjustment, this is not - inflation is at an all time low in large developed economies, so much so that it’s considered a problem that inflation is so low.

Second, the fact that you are belittling that it’s no skin off consumers’s back to pay an extra $3,000 is a bit absurd. That’s real money to a lot of people. Kudos to you to not care about your 20% price increase. If we could all be so laissez-fair about our savings!

And sure, no problem for you and your watch on order, given the premium it fetches on the secondary. You’re taking no risk, regardless of price increase.

The only reason I’d tip my hat to your argument is the fact that these are all unnecessary, luxury goods, so if its too rich for one’s blood, well, no one will truly be suffering if they are indeed priced out.
MrBlahBlah is offline   Reply With Quote