View Single Post
Old 17 January 2020, 05:26 AM   #19
Dj_masse
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS Lange 1 Daymat
Importing a Rolex into Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quangtungnguyen View Post
Let's just say for conversation sake, you come back into Canada how can they prove you purchased the watch in the states if you mail the box back. Unless they go to the extreme lengths of looking at video of you going into the states. I don't think it's really normal to go on "vacation" with their bill of sale/receipt.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This is what they can (and have done). Hire investigators and get credit card receipts etc.:
https://www.narcity.com/news/canadia...oods-at-border

What you do is get a BSF407 from customs at the airport or at a border crossing BEFORE you go over. Bring a receipt or a recent appraisal within Canada when you take it to customs. The agent will record this information on the form and will sign and stamp it. This proves that you brought the item with you when you left the country.

I’ve done this for watches and camera gear with serial numbers. The BSF407 has no expiration date and is a green coloured card that you can keep with you indefinitely for future trips. No need to bring warranty cards, receipts, etc. that you may lose on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex 16570 (Polar)
Dj_masse is offline   Reply With Quote