Thread: Rolex v Omega
View Single Post
Old 4 February 2020, 09:16 AM   #113
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
How do watches compare as far as wearing them goes?

Which one wears bigger?

Which one is more comfortable?
I'm sure others will weigh in, but I have both so I'll start...honestly I'd say they wear similarly.

The sub on its bracelet is more comfortable, but I'd say SMP on its rubber strap takes the cake in terms of comfort.

The seamaster is definitely heavier, but it is still comfortable even with its bracelet. It has a neat mircoadjust that I'd say works better than the glidelock...if only the bracelet tapered. I appreciate the tiny specs of polish on the bracelet vs the subs all brushed, and I don't think there's a comparison with the lume. The SMP is much much better, both in telling the time and in how long it lasts.

The sub is classic, goes with pretty much everything, and I'd say almost more jewelry like. The SMP has a more tool feel to it but still dresses up well.

In terms of their actual function (time telling), but SMP is more legible in more lighting conditions IMO, especially the white one. The anti-reflective coating is nice to have, not that the sub is hard to read, but it's easier to read the SMP at a glance.

Hope that helps.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote