View Single Post
Old 21 April 2020, 08:53 AM   #1
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
The situation in canada...

So 2 years ago, I was told by a certain AD here in Canada that I was put on the waiting list for a pepsi gmt by a salesperson that I had built some rep with.
Yesterday I emailed the AD and told them my story
The salesperson that answered me told me they never had a waiting list.
LIE # 1
I told the person that I had bought 4 other rolexes there over the years, and after 2 years was wondering if there was any chance of finally getting a pepsi, as I really want one for myself.
The salesperson asked me if I can prove that I still own any of the rolexes I had bought.
I answered him saying that no, when I get bored of them I sell them for something different.
I also said in a joking manner that I had looked online and there are hundreds listed there at ridiculous prices, so I thought that is what is normally is happening anyways, and that I didnt really feel like paying thousands more.
After that, no response....
LETDOWN # 1

Slowly I am getting very perturbed.
When I see all the bnib ones here and every other forum, just sitting there listed for thousands more, and I cant get one because of that.
This happens to be one that I really want for myself.
Now before everybody jumps on me saying “well you’re a flipper arent you, serves you right!
Let me make this statement and rebuttal:
I have to prove that I am not a flipper? What difference does that make, when probably 70% of the hot models get flipped anyways?!?
I mean look here, Pepsis, hulks, daytonas, batmans, daytonas rootbeers daytonas
One after the other bnib
Where did they all come from?! FROM FLIPPERS!
People that got them from AD’s and sell them for profit!
Now, I dont blame them, I blame Rolex, for making the new rules 3 years ago to only sell to supposed non-flippers.
What happened? It only enabled them.
The famous economist milton friedman had the correct view:
As in the narcotics industry, as soon as you try to control and limit the supply, it only ends up enabling the illegal underground dealings, and only the large cartels become successful and survive, and drives up price and demand.
This happened during prohibition in the 30’s, after which the government finally said “well that didnt go too well, i guess we will stop controlling that”
This is what has happened to rolex. Their plan has backfired.

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder

Last edited by AbsolutelyROLEX!; 21 April 2020 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Mistake