View Single Post
Old 21 April 2020, 04:44 PM   #29
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoPico View Post
A great friend of mine and myself have been struggling with this for years. While his collection is hemorrhaging at 60+ (all AD purchases but his first 30 are sub $500 pieces) I am currently at about 18 (down from a high of 25).

I posited the notion that, of the few people who actually own watches (smart watches not included), the majority probably own 1 or 2. I also suggested that 3 watches could probably every persons needs, truly.

So as I am preparing myself for my 3 grail pieces (one should be incoming in the next few weeks) I am thinking I have to at least get under 10.

Thoughts ?

oh, and of those few who have watches, they will usually not look/care at other peoples watches. I spotted a guy wearing a DD40 yellow gold at the store the other day and said ,"hey nice day date" to which he looked confused and looked at his elbow. Then he said ,"oh this, I didn't even realize I had it on". I thought to myself, wtf is this guy smoking ?
But it made me think, how few of us watch people are even out there ?

I’m still trying / learning to live with two. Missed being the one-luxury-watch man I used to be just a couple of years ago. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk