View Single Post
Old 23 April 2020, 09:50 AM   #83
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaumburgla View Post
I have never owned a "Bluberry" GMT or insert nor do I ever plan on unless its an extreme value; However I am very curious as to many of the Blueberry inserts Ive seen have the correct fonts & correct appearance as to other genuine Rolex 1675/16750 inserts.
Personally I have yet to see a correct looking fake/aftermarket insert that could pass as genuine. If an aftermarket 1675/16750 Pepsi or Black insert exists that is an exact clone of the original.... well Ive yet to see it.
Im not making an argument for or against Blueberry's I'm just puzzled by how spot on some of the fonts & appearance are to the genuine Pepsi's & Blacks??

Thanks
Justin
There is a guy in Florida selling "spot on" replicas, fakes or whatever word you prefer to describe them. He sells various types of inserts to include "fuchsia" "Pepsi" inserts with a blue back. And, they have correct fonts. I'm sure that he is not the only person that has sold these "correct" replica inserts currently or in the past.

I've seen other replicas in the past too that mimic the correct fonts.

Then there is the outer ridge dimple found on the backside of some of the genuine inserts. Most notably found on the solid gold or brown and two-tone acrylic model GMT inserts as well as some of the acrylic model "Pepsi" and "Blueberry" inserts. I've seen all of these in person. It leads to more questions indeed since the ridge dimple is found on various genuine inserts - not all, but some of them. I can not explain why the dimple is there, but I can only surmise that it has something to do with the manufacturer and/or manufacturing process.

The dimples as seen below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dimple.3.sm.jpg (166.8 KB, 554 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.1.sm.jpg (104.8 KB, 558 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.2.sm.jpg (61.3 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.5.sm.jpg (131.0 KB, 544 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.4.sm.jpg (168.7 KB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.7.sm.jpg (154.2 KB, 547 views)
File Type: jpg dimple.6.sm.jpg (131.8 KB, 557 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote