View Single Post
Old 24 April 2020, 08:14 AM   #6
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valedictorian View Post
Hi everyone

I’m considering buying an OQ and would like to hear some of the key downsides about this watch. Stuff that may make me change my mind and stick to mechanical ones.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
V.
If you prefer mechanical watches but like the design of OQ this might change your mind. Before Rolex made 170xx OQ watches, they tried same case designs with 1530 with integrated Oyster and smooth bezel in SS and 1630 TT with Jubilee style bracelet and fluted bezel. Interesting things about those watches: 1)1630 TT Jubilee bracelet has all middle links Gold so it goes like this: SS-YG-YG-YG-SS compared to 17013 which goes like SS-YG-SS-YG-SS. That's also how you differentiate 1630s with 1630 bracelets compared to those that have had bracelet replaced with a 17013 bracelet later on. 2)OQ was available in SS in two versions, one with fluted bezel and Jubilee style bracelet in 17014 and 17000 which was smooth bezel Oyster style bracelet. However the automatic movement version that precedes the OQ only has the smooth bezel and Oyster bracelet in SS version. 3)Early 1530 used a bracelet that used screws to attach the links unlike the later bracelet that was also used in 17000 that utilized pins. 4)Finally, due to the 1570 movement being smaller than 5035 used in OQ both 1530 and 1630 have the sunken dial surrounded by a special rehaut only present on those models.

And did I mention they're very rare. It's highly unlikely you'll bump into somebody else wearing one at random.
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote