View Single Post
Old 10 June 2020, 11:31 PM   #25
DG123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquarter View Post
It's fair enough that people suggest that I keep my requests reasonable, but as I haven't done this before I don't have a frame of reference as to what's "reasonable". Initially I thought the list of requested photos which comprehensively cover the whole watch would be reasonable considering the price of the watch is $20k. If that's not reasonable then what is?

So far there's a lot of feedback saying not to do it the way I did, but could someone give an example of how they've previously handled it with a dealer? E.g. do you:

1) ask a lot of questions, but space them out so it's not too much at once (but then your pre-purchase conversation ends up spanning multiple days)
2) ask fewer questions, and bank more on your judgement of the seller's feedback rating on C24 + other customer feedback you've managed to find outside the platform
3) maybe some kind of middle ground where you only ask the "most important questions" - what are they for you?
4) some other approach?
Why don't you buy a Rolex from your local AD , at a shop where you may see and touch the watch you want to buy ?
Buying a $20K watch via the internet requires a level of trust that does not seem to be a good fit for you.
DG123 is offline   Reply With Quote