View Single Post
Old 11 June 2020, 07:31 AM   #187
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
The easiest question first is on the strap. I did it for a couple of reasons:
1) I was most attracted to the watch online on the rubber strap but DavidSW only had the steel.. They day it arrived I went to my nearest Omega AD, literally a mile from my office at the time, and shockingly they had the strap in stock. I wore the bracelet for less than 2 minutes.
2) I think it's a better looking watch on the rubber. The blue and the orange is a gorgeous combination.
3) I only have 1 other watch on rubber and wanted another one.

As to which I prefer:
4) The explorer II is a fantastic watch and it gets the most wrist time. BUT, the more I wear the Omega the more I love the watch and the Brand. I think that the Omega, from a technical standpoint, may be the better watch, and I think Omega overall may be the better Watch maker, absolutely so for the price.

5) My next watch will be another Omega or Rolex, either the 36mm datejust with fluted bezel and jubilee band, or the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra. I've wanted the classic dress datejust for a much longer time but a co-worker is selling his gorgeous Blue face Aqua Terra and if I can get him down a little, I may go that route.

Tough call but I absolutely love them both. Even though I love the Rolex, the Omega is so gorgeous that I may miss that more than the Exp II if I had to get rid of one of them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! Interesting about the rubber. I’m looking at a titanium model, so I don’t know that I could go black with the blue face and I don’t really like the blue rubber (blue and brown looks reasonable — but no brown rubber). The titanium is much lighter than the steel version, so there’s that.

Can I ask why the EXPII gets the most wrist time? Is it short sleeve related (and on that point, does the PO actually fit under shirt sleeves)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote