View Single Post
Old 23 June 2020, 01:52 AM   #277
Phat4
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
Luxury still costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
So what about all those assumptions that prices will fall to rockbottom in the grey market due to Covid19? I do not see any hulk below 14K on ebay and brand-new are all 15.5K and above

It’s good to be alert about what might happen in the luxury market, which is what Rolex is. No drop in price means we are safe, for now. It’s the bubble that traders are creating that we have to worry about.

Sub non date - Rolex 6.3k - Trader 8k+
Batman/Pepsi ceramic - Rolex 7.75k - Trader 12K+
Sky-Dweller steel - Rolex 11.8k - Trader 16K+
Daytona - Rolex 10.5k - Trader 19k+

And the list goes on. The mark-up is obscene Fair traders have to follow suit as greed dictates. Sickening! Soon.....
a) they’ll shoot themselves in the leg as those prices not only have to stop increasing but be reduced significantly. it’s unsustainable where things are now.
b) the bubble they’ve created will burst at some point because a lot are looking but wont buy at those ridiculous prices - I certainly won’t.

If we want a reasonably priced watch, Rolex have ‘em if and when they’re willing to stock shelves. Problem is, the traders sniff stuff out information like that and that’s why we’re here. So.......what to do, what to do?!!

Keep looking looking looking for that deal. May come from anywhere but that’s the world of high end watches - it’s the chase. Just my opinion.
Phat4 is offline   Reply With Quote