View Single Post
Old 15 July 2020, 07:18 PM   #92
Royale With Cheese
"TRF" Member

Whats interesting about this point is that as far as I understand, Rolex has neither confirmed nor denied the authenticity of a Blueberry insert. They have remained totally mute on the topic.

The controversy has been that quite a few individuals have taken their silence in the matter as an indication that the inserts are not authentic.. but it seems entirely speculative.

Frankly, I believe the way Rolex conducted production and replacement parts was much messier than it is today. They probably don't even have a clear indication themselves whether these came from their factory or not. Now, as they've seen the collectability of vintage watches reach unfathomable levels in recent years, they probably felt the best approach in such a case is to remain silent..

At least where HQ Milton is concerned, it seems they believe the inserts to be authentic. Jacek at one point had posted on his Instagram highlighting the details of a genuine blueberry insert - how there is a 'ghost' triangle silhouette within the marker at 12:00. I found that quite interesting.

It's still hard to say which way this goes without a firm statement from Rolex, but I wouldn't put it past them to have experimented with an insert like this in small batches. To me its entirely plausible...

(sorry for the rant)
Royale With Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote