View Single Post
Old 20 July 2020, 06:44 AM   #112
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
You have an awesome collection. Which one did you get first? Which one is your favorite? Which one gets the most wrist time?
Thank you very much! The one that gets the most wrist time is the Full Metal in the box third from the right. You can wear it casually or with a sport jacket. Very cool, great features, heavy, and a real wrist presence.

My favorite? That's tough. I like them all but I would have to say I love the G-LIDE models of all years and colors and the one in the wooden box last on the right is up there as a favorite. Unlike the previous generation I can't dial in my exact coordinates for the tide with this newer one. I have to do a generalized area. I also like the carbon fiber on top of the wooden watch box lid all the way on the right. Super lightweight and titanium case back.

The squares remind me of my childhood in the 1980's. I had a Casio in like 1984 (not a G, but a square) that my dad and grandfather bought me at a now long, defunct, electronics store. I remember picking it out of the catalog that was attached to a table by a chain, and the guy looking it up and getting out of stock in the back and then going home with it. I loved setting off the alarm beep on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
That round black one in the back row looks nice (if I could only pick one)
Ha you picked one of the only non-Squares! That's my first G-Shock purchased from a number of years ago to answer your question above! That's my solar charged beater that I wear to the beach, swimming, fishing, washing the car, etc... It's nothing special but a great utility watch. I have put it through the test and YEARS later it works flawlessly. I'm always spritzing it down with a cleaner after each use because it gets slimed-up by sunscreen lotion and fish guts! You can get a new version of it for like $40.00.