View Single Post
Old 28 September 2020, 01:18 AM   #64
Cloudchaser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watching
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
I have never met Michael Morgan in person. I always thought him to be an older guy when he first came into the scene, But I believe he is very young, still in last year of college. I can say he has had some very serious watches and has made quite the business for himself at a very young age. Seems he would have started this business out of high school? He really started with some serious pieces..

Not that I have a problem with younger people getting into the biz, I just think it’s something to be considered when purchasing 100k+ watches from someone who hasn’t been in the game for very long at all. He kind of just appeared one day and with the level of pieces he dealt with I just assumed he has been around for awhile..
This actually helps explain the vague and meandering "about" page at his website. If what you say is correct, that he is a senior in college (putting him at about 22), then his claim of having been in vintage since 2006 is comedy gold. Either his start in vintage at 8 years old is an example of him stretching the truth or we are basically looking at the Doogie Howser of the watch world.

I am eager to hear his version of events here. I hope he checks in. Fascinating thread!