View Single Post
Old 8 November 2020, 08:40 AM   #129
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

I always wanted a Moonwatch, but the availability kind of put me off a bit. It was not the price, just the fact that you can buy it any time, means it is never a priority.

I fell in love with the 45 Silver Snoopy (I still believe that the black is cooler than the blue) but was late to the party, when I tried to get it it was over 20k. My thinking was, there are cooler watches for 20k, and now is even more.

So when I heard for the 50th anniversary, I wanted to move fast to be sure I get one. I was super happy, that the Blue one looks a lot like the Black one. The Black I like more because the lume is cooler, and is slightly lower key because of the color.

I bought the Blue, hope to get a delivery this year, but I do not consider it as a proper "Moon Watch", it is not formal enough, too much fun. So now I am thinking in the future I will go for the Cal 321 because it looks like an uber moon watch.

With regards the Snoopy, I have no idea with the resell value although a lot will speculate because of the 45th Anniversary. Cal 321 for me will be like the Lange Odysseus in steel. I think it is made in small numbers, practically allocated to people who love the brand, and are real collectors. I saw 2 Odysseus on Chrono north of 75K and was shocked, but then I realized that it is not like the Daytona or the Stainless steel Pateks, but in much lower production numbers.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote