View Single Post
Old 12 December 2020, 09:39 PM   #21
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
Blancpain are masters at disappointing current owners and turning off prospective owners. One might say this sadist side Blancpain has (that JCB engineered in the 1980s) is part of their appeal.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere the CEO of Blancpain promising to only offer 40mm FF as special editions. Everyone knows a 40mm FF is in a class by itself for Blancpain, huge win for Hodinkee if they get the brand to make them one and huge fail for Blancpain if they agreed to whore out their most special watch. Still that's my guess. An SE 40mm FF.
That's pretty much where I'm at. These 40mm SE FFs are genuinely special, and while I expect Hodinkee to whore themselves out for some money, it's a shame BP is willing to go down that route. Wishful thinking to think most watch companies still care about their collectors. Omega and Panerai (whom I still love for some reason) are basically known for this (rereleasing "LE" watches with mild tweaks thus diluting the watch for everyone).

Ah well, enough bitching about it. Watch it be a Bathyscaphe with a humidity indicator.

Who knows what they are doing. All will be revealed in a few days...
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote