View Single Post
Old 16 December 2020, 01:10 PM   #145
psv
"TRF" Member

I had high hopes but I came to my senses.

It is another vanity project from Hodinkee. The made $3.6M in sales in less than 5 min. At 15K (w taxes) I would like to have a bracelet and sailcloth strap, not some $25 nylon strap. And I DON'T want Hodinkee written over my rotor. And somehow, $15K for a military watch that is supposed to an utilitarian instrument... I passed. I did love the no date, the 40mm size, the brushed case without Blancpain written on the side, the drilled lugs... it was close. But I'm not dropping $15K on an "almost watch".

I do understand the attraction. Many people have too much cash, they cannot get a 5711 or Jumbo, regardless of the size of their bank account, so this is not a bad piece - at half the price.

But I'm still flabbergasted that Blancpain cannot release something like this without the stupid Hodinkee connection. The must surely know that this is what the audience want - 40mm, no date, brushed case, etc - preferably in a non-limited edition. Price this at $11,500 on a nylon strap - sans mil-spec item on the dial - and you'll have a wait-list for years. How hard can it be???
psv is offline   Reply With Quote