View Single Post
Old 25 January 2021, 04:59 AM   #111
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
My Sub is less then two months old, and I wear it 24-7, but right now, it is 19 seconds slow for the last 13 days, that works to (rough estimate) 1.45 seconds a day slow. Well within standards and I am very happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Thanks for your information.
I assume 24-7 means 24 hours 7 days.
Then you have a kind of "permanent" winding.
Your watch will then probably not approach low amplitudes hence your rates will not become strongly negative, that does not surprise me. Can you do some easy “exercises" for example let it rest for 24 hours and see again how it changes. Data with a timegrapher or an App would be great too. Thanks for contributing in a positive way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Sure, I can not wear it for 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
The following test is useful (for you and others) just in case you have no instrumentation:

(1) Full watch winding, set correct time
(2) Put watch at rest with dial up
(3) Don't wind, move or touch it.
(4) Measure systematically the accuracy, e.g. after 6, 12, 18, 24 .... hours until the movement has stopped (autonomy)

This simple test gives you an indication of the amplitude decrease with time.
As soon as the amplitude gets < 200 degrees (which you don't see!) the rate goes to - "LARGE" s/d.
If that happens in the first 24 hours after full winding, then this movement very likely has an issue.

That test everybody can do! No need of a timegrapher or any App.

So, this is FAR from a scientific measurement, but as stated, I normally wear my new Sub 24-7, and checking every few days or so it is running a consistent (approximately) - 1.4 or -1.5 seconds a day. This is just me looking at the second hand compared to my internet time. I do not have any measuring equipment, however last time I was at my AD he put it on the machine and below are the results.

I was asked to not wear the watch for 24 hours, just let it sit (I am assuming to let it wind down a bit) and check. I did. The results are it was (again just from my eyes looking at the second hand versus my phone) a +1 second. It was on a stand, dial up (actually with my watch stand it’s not completely up, almost at a 45 degree angle, but close to “up”).

I have no idea what this means... but PLEASE don’t ask me not to wear my Rolex for 24 hours again
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 73E30423-5910-4C62-B776-D295F43E9908.jpeg (150.7 KB, 394 views)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote