View Single Post
Old 17 March 2021, 02:49 AM   #153
Case61
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I'm trying to enable 2FA with Authy. I read through this thread two or three times before attempting, but I have still messed something up.

I use an Iphone X and a Mac Air, and access TRF from both (thought mostly the Mac) with just web browsers. I've never used TapATalk. I downloaded the Twilio Authy from the App Store onto my Iphone. Using my Iphone, I entered phone number and email, and received the text verification. I scanned the QR Code on my Mac at the forum page in User CP on 2FA and then followed Authy's on-screen instructions. (Btw, I printed out the page with the QR code and the recovery key.) All the instructions seemed to go through ok, and I ended up with an Authy account labeled "RolexForumsRolexWatchForum" (Authy put in the name). When I open Authy, it generates a token for that account every 30 seconds. But when I open TRF on either the IPhone (whether wifi or data), or the Mac (wi-fi), it doesn't request the token, nor reflect that 2FA is enabled.

I've hesitated about deleting the RolexForums account from Authy and trying again in 48 hours, out of fear of messing things up further. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Case61 is offline   Reply With Quote