View Single Post
Old 29 March 2021, 12:44 AM   #66
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevtcguy View Post
i know this is not what the op is really referring to, and i don’t want to hijack this thread, but i find it irritating the attitude some people exclaim on this site about purchasers paying over msrp for a piece they want. Let’s leave flipping, buying for investment etc. Completely out of this, but frankly, if someone wants a particular piece and is willing to pay whatever they do to obtain it, more power to them. “i’ll never pay more then msrp... Anyone that pays that much over msrp is stupid... Blah blah blah..” if you are adamant about never paying more then msrp for a watch, and will not buy that watch until you are able to purchase it for msrp, good for you! I wish you the best of luck in finding it quickly. If you desire a daytona (or just about any ss sport model) and are willing to pay 25k, 30k or 100k then good for you! Go ahead and buy it. Who is anyone to question how much you spend for a fine timepiece you desire. Heck, most people find it ludicrous i spent $10,000 for any watch when i bought my sub. If someone else was not as fortunate as i to find it at msrp, desires the piece and spends 13, 14, 15 25k for it, then that is their choice and congratulations! I just find these “holier then thou” posts about never paying more.... Quite pompus. If that is your choice, more power to you. If others choose to pay higher to obtain a fine timepiece they truly desire, that does not make them any less intelligent, less passionate, or less of a wis then you are.

Ok, that’s it; mini-rant over. Please continue and accept my apologies op for going off track.
+1
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote