View Single Post
Old 30 June 2021, 03:56 AM   #148
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Jumping to conclusions is great fun.

Could be as simple as a poorly executed rebranding / replatforming.

Worse case scenario… they filed for bankruptcy protection and they will re-emerge in the future.
I think this is a case (and a lesson for all those Youtube stars) where the weekly videos (planned and spur-of-the-moment) can look quite foolish in hindsight. Also, they can show trends in activities, purchases, moods, etc. At the beginning it was steak dinners and Lambos for all...now it seems they can't buy much inventory with actual cash. Need to sell X right away to pay for Y and all that. Anthony and Marco are clearly grumpier (stressed?) than previous episodes.

Their lack of business acumen was highlighted in the episode where they were (foolishly) planning their new store buildout right there in the building....they were practically drooling about how it would look before the lease had even been negotiated. It was clear neither of them had much experience negotiating this kind of lease. I felt bad for their realtor at the end when they kyboshed the dream. As a building owner, I could only dream of watching prospective tenants show me their cards in such an overt (and hilarious) fashion.

Who knows, maybe this is all a poorly planned publicity stunt, but if you go back and watch the episodes from the beginning they didn't appear to take the actual business of owning a business ($17,000 steak dinner could have bought a decent sport Rolex) seriously enough and it just started piling on to what could be an unavoidable conclusion.