View Single Post
Old 10 August 2021, 10:55 PM   #51
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
It’s just puzzling that media sources and watch journalists don’t report accurate info or regurgitate marketing mumbo jumbo, you would think the horology fans would tell you about the watch’s horology right, nope, they are paid influencer puppets. Honestly, Panerai a company owned as part of a conglomerate, I expect to an extent to over embellish the truth....
My longtime friend is a member of the press within the timepiece industry (Financial Times, various magazines, etc) and he tried helping me to find out about the 9010 'Evolution' movement and Panerai refused to give him information. So it really is Richemonth's Panerai division that is refusing to provide details. Perhaps more journalists should report on that problem.

Quote:
... but I would think and expect Hodinkee to tell me the intricate truth, eff no and ablogtowatch is a giant joke, I’ve heard so much outright wrong information from those clowns it’s hard to realistic think they even care about horology.
And that's... you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllexandru View Post
It is not a problem that you source other movements made inner group, that's fine as long as you don't hide or misleading the customer Medium end long term they will loose image and value. They do have nice watches but with all these credibility issues it it not good for the collectors who will stir away from the brand in time if nothing changes.
It seems credibility and Panerai have a history of deception. If we remove emotion, there are legal problems too.

------------

Perhaps the best course of action is to contact all members of the press you know / can email / call. We need to see reports within the Financial Times, New York Times, CNBC, Bloomberg, etc about Richemont's problems with their Panerai brand and their purposeful misleading (or outright refusal of details) concerning their products. Am sure the financial audience wants to know how their stock might perform under such circumstances as legal problems, perhaps even a Class Action Lawsuit, might be on the company's horizon.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote