View Single Post
Old 13 October 2021, 11:29 AM   #9
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
RSC NYC current turn-around time ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
Just picked up a BNIB SSYMII. About one month into ownership, the power reserve was 12 hours maximum after a full (50 turns) hand winding. The watch would wind and run, but would stop after less than 12 hours, whether worn or not. First Rolex in 30 years of owning many that had to go back to a RSC under warranty.

Anyway, my local AD (Mayors) insisted it be sent to NYC despite my requesting Dallas. I expected to be told 4-6 weeks, which I can deal with.

I was told more like 3-4 months! Not a happy camper right now. Has anyone here had recent experience with repair time at RSC in NYC? I suspect that they may be giving me a "worst case scenario" but would love some feedback. Also, any truth that they give priority to warranty work?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Have a Tudor at RSC Dallas and timing as follows:
-Wait from arrival to estimate: 4 weeks
- Was told 4-6 weeks after approval of job to replace sapphire, crystal and hands
- After 4 weeks of the job approval was called and told will be another 4-6 weeks more as have to order a part from Geneve (something apparently they realized after 4 weeks, so likely when the watchmaker was going to begin working with my watch! They could had order that upon appeoval of job 4 weeks ago!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote