View Single Post
Old 29 October 2021, 12:24 AM   #1
alexdjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116300 Wimbledon
Watchmaker in London

Hi All,

I recovered from a 160XX Datejust in very poor conditions a 3035 movement that needs some care and i'd like to use it in a old Sub which movement is totally corroded.

The movement works almost fine, keep the time very well but has something wrong in the interaction with Automatic winding system mechanism.

I try to explain:

If i try to manual wind the movement the crown seems almost stucked, but technically it's because is trying to move all the Automatic movement.

If i remove the Automatic from the movement then i'm able to manual wind it properly.

I'm not a watchmaker but in my spare time as a hobby I usually service by myself my watches with ETA movement, but to be honest i never touched a Rolex movement so i don't feel totally confident to do it.

Is there any honest Watchmaker reading this forum, possibly in Central/West London who can fix the issue and take the occasion to perform a full service to this movement? Due to the particular situation i really don't think it could be convenient to bring it to Rolex?
alexdjca is offline   Reply With Quote