Old 9 January 2022, 01:48 PM   #101
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
YOU Decide: The NEW Modern Holy Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
If i may ask, am curious of your age?

After various chats, it seems, in some respects, this might also be an older generation versus younger generation situation. Reminds me of my recent discussions with various hi-fi enthusiasts concerning stereo home audio playback versus modern immersivephiles.

Old habits die hard and all that, plus, sure, some fear change. Perhaps longtime herd mentality is now taking its toll and, thus, keeping a closed (minded) system going long after its expiration date. This is not a negative about age per se, am simply trying to best understand the situation in 1960, production numbers back then, how it all started and by whom, etc... that initiated the (now outdated) Old School Holy Trinity.

So we need to honor the past, absolutely. Yet also realize technology and the ability for human handcrafted creation has greatly changed since the 1960s. Am a bit surprised that some fear change, the 1960s is a long bygone era.
I'm a technologist & software developer. Over the course of my career, I have produced software that has disrupted entire markets and industries. It’s funny that someone would portray me as being fearful of change.

I do recoginize there are a lot of extremely impressive watch brands producing absolutely stunning timepieces, no doubt. Many of these brands are producing products on a completely different level.
  • Jacob & Co
  • Greubel Forsey
  • FP Journe
  • A. Lange & Sohne
  • Richard Mille
  • H. Moser

I'm always quick to say, "let's look forward, not backwards." However, in this case, I think history matters, and it matters a lot.
  • Patek Phillip founded in 1839.
  • Audemars Piguet in 1875.
  • Vacheron Constantin in 1755.

I just think the Holy Trinity is still the Holy Trinity, at least for now...
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote