View Single Post
Old 14 January 2022, 12:19 AM   #144
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
The more I know the more I don’t trust these big brands anymore.
While I'm not one to disagree, as the decades pass some brands have indeed lost their luster the more i discovered about them over the decades.

For example, there is one Italian/Swiss brand i'd love to know if they even truly make their calibers, or if many parts come from Asia and they just 'finish' and assemble them in Switzerland or ??? Other brands bring up questions about....

Thank goodness we now have wonderful modern brands who are open about their production and quality. They provide more transparency, instead of hiding behind fabled 'Swiss secrets' and the like. Would say more here, yet private conversations and e-mails said in confidence don't 'allow me' to say more here.

-------------------
-------------------

There is another, modern and transparent way....

MB & FRIENDS showcases the many talented people who help design and create their mechanical masterpieces. Would say more here, yet we already know because MB&F is upfront and honest about their production.

Let us celebrate the individuals who have dedicated their lives to creating fine handcrafted parts, engineering, assembly, etc. They have very much earned recognition.

This is also where companies could take a lesson from Czapek. Czapek did a wonderful multi-part video about the making of their new 'in-house' movement. They proudly showcase the many talented craftspeople who kindly provide their expertise in producing the parts, finishing work, assembly, testing... all the way to the final production. Below is part one of seven parts, so be sure to watch all seven parts.

Would you like to see manufacturers produce these types of videos so those who do the actual work get the recognition they earned?

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote