View Single Post
Old 12 February 2022, 09:14 AM   #12
chunk2020
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ In Da Banana Stand View Post
I was thinking of seeking out a Sub Date or an SD for diving expeditions, but I've learned, frustratingly, that neither will do everything I need.

If I am diving and I swim from one timezone to the next, a GMT II will surely be essential for keeping up with time in my new time zone and the time zone out of which I just swam. Additionally, I may need to gauge how fast I am swimming/diving, and the tachymeter on the Daytona will enable me to do that with ease.

Neither of those features are offered on Rolex's seafaring watches (which is a big disappointment, to say the least), so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the GMT II and the Daytona and wearing one on each wrist when I dive. Has anyone else done this before, and if so, how did it work out for you?

What about a realllllly length of cable with equally measures knots and calculate how many kicks per knot over an elapsed time on the GMT. Then you have your speed and no longer need the Daytona. If you’re in an area of little / no current and are good with your buoyancy then you can just measure the approx distance covered by 10 good frog kicks, then just use frog kicks / time and you’re sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk