View Single Post
Old 20 March 2022, 11:55 AM   #85
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
Here's a trick - stop watching the YouTube watch "experts". They are less interested in the watches than they are in getting their view count revenue up.
Good point, yet there are some video guys who are good. I love what Czapek did with their multi-part video series about the movement. I do not watch TPG, but someone here said...

Yet yes, some video 'personalities' are what they are. It's not just in the watch hobby. Considering how much money companies spend on buying influencer time for perfume, clothing, shoes, automobiles, golf clubs... and even home lawn mowers and... it's quite the business.

Am trying to avoid the 'left turn' into a discussion about paid promotion versus honest enthusiasm. Color me an enthusiast for decades, and boy have things changed over the last few years.

╯︿╰
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote