View Single Post
Old 1 June 2022, 11:04 PM   #137
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
My opinion is that PP will continue to open boutiques in partnership with longstanding ADs like they did in Miami. This way they retain excellent staff, loyalty from the AD and its customers and boutique only experience. Seems like a win.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Rolex certainly encourages and probably prefers the "boutique" concept where a local AD has a monobrand store. With Rolex, these boutiques located in major cities typically get the higher inventory and sales. I believe SF has a small Rolex boutique. Some of the largest Rolex boutique I have seen have been in Asia.

There are a few Patek monobrand stores or "boutiques". My guess is that the AD has to make a sizeable investment. The Miami Patek boutique is owned and run by Govberg and they are probably one of the largest Patek ADs in the US (by sales volume). My guess is the boutique concept for Patek AD has to make business sense. If inventory and sales are limiting factors, it may not necessarily make "financial sense" in having a boutique with empty display cases.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote