View Single Post
Old 8 July 2022, 01:27 PM   #13265
opresso
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
I confess, I don't dress well, I certainly could, I honestly just don't care about my clothes. I wear shorts and a t shirt, whatever's comfortable, beach Crocs, complete with star wars buttons. :)

I own my own businesses, work from home, and am not trying to impress anyone,  I have no boss, or clients that ever need to see me. In fact, looking at me, the only thing you'd see to indicate I'm successful enough to buy a nice watch, is that i'm always wearing one. :) And yet, I'm always treated very well at any high end watch store I go to, just the other day I was treated very well at Hamiltons and Tourneau on Worth Ave in  West Palm Beach, I even tried on a $140,000 Lange. (wearing an old, faded bugs bunny t shirt. :) )

When I was in law school about 15 years ago, I had started dating my future wife, in case she assumed as a lawyer, I'd be fashion conscious, I told her up front, as clearly as I could, if you need a guy who dresses to kill, you'll be very disappointed with me, I don't even dress to injure. :)

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to, and perhaps a nice leather wallet. My wedding band is plain white gold.
I hear ya! I stepped away from a high-interaction professional environment a few years ago to do my own thing. My wife and I joke about the amount of 'nice' clothes I have in my closet along with a bounty of shoes. These days are t-shirts, shorts and flip flops.....but a damn nice watch on the wrist. That has not changed and makes me plenty enough happy about my day :)
I am actually happier.
opresso is offline   Reply With Quote