View Single Post
Old 19 July 2022, 03:28 AM   #26
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I agree with a lot of what has been said here. A few observations:

Massive amount of AP RO just listed in the last 24 hrs 15510 around 63k with grey dial, 15500 41mm multiple in low-mid 40s full sets

Subs galore with and without a date window. 41mm at around 12.9k with date full set.

There are many more watches coming on market and with these prices I’m wondering just what the heck kind of kool aid I was drinking 6 months or a year ago?

I dumped my nautilus for a partial trade for something I really wanted back in February. So glad I did

Final thought. Those watches that imho haven’t had as much following even though I love some of them, are going to get crushed. Watches like exp 1&2, ak, dd, dj, ym were bolstered by the madness. People who were eager to get a Rolex, in many cases were settling for something they could get as opposed to what they really wanted. I did it, bought a blue stick dial 41 jubilee but would’ve given that a hard pass if offered Gmt or Daytona. As SS subs come down to msrp, I think the other less popular watches will fall even lower.