View Single Post
Old 20 August 2022, 03:55 AM   #67
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl. View Post
Wow that's great news!

May I ask who you talked to, and what boutique?

I'd like to inquire about something as well.

I'm sure there is a cost for this, did they give you any details?

Like maybe you'd pay retail plus 50% more or so?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
The above is not mine, but someone I know has commissioned a Tank LC in platinum, with salmon dial and Breguet hands. The projected cost is more than twice the price of the standard large model in rose gold. Granted he has changed the case metal, dial and hands. He had originally heard about 50% more, but the more you modify, the more costly I believe it becomes. Consult with a sales associate at a boutique and they can put in a request for you and then you will get accurate information about what whether they will make what you want, and the cost of doing so. The guy I know was told it will take about a year before his watch is ready, but he had a lot of fun considering the style of dial, the numerals, the hands, etc.
What Dino stated is accurate. My asyemtrique was approved and the sales associate is waiting on pricing from corporate. He said it ranges, as Dino said, depending on the case metal, dial, hands, etc. that is chosen. He also has seen pricing of custom platinum pieces come in much higher than if it had been chosen in another metal. For instance, a platinum piece may be priced 50% above retail whereas pink gold would only be 30% more.
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote