View Single Post
Old 16 September 2022, 04:06 AM   #76
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
Hate to rain on the OP's parade, but put me in the camp of "BMW has lost it's way"

I was a fanatic. Had many BMWs.... E30 (2), E36, E46, E53, E28, E90 (2), E39, F25, G01.

It was hard to finally leave the brand (E30 M3 still remains, though!)

The connected-to-the-road feeling is gone. The G01 X3M40i was a very fast mid-sized suv, but brakes were overboosted, and electric steering really stinks. Very expensive, too, and just not worth it anymore. Even modern 3-series don't have that "feel". It's a shame.

The last 3-series I bought, I had to order from the factory. The lot was full of AWD, automatic BMWs. The salesman tried to talk me out of RWD and manual transmission. BMW is making cars for the masses, not the enthusiasts. I get it, but it's still a shame.
Sad but true, "German Camrys" is how I describe 99% of the lot. The worst part is they are still better than 99% of the competition.