View Single Post
Old 26 September 2022, 02:17 AM   #18
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagnepapi View Post
So just clarify- you are obsessed with watches or with the market value?… you have no intentions of flipping what u have… and you tried the pieces you were interested in on. Yet just because he wouldn’t take yours in or give you an estimate on it you went to 3 other dealers to check if they would? Lol that sounds as believable as the small margins the greys claim they get [emoji23]

In regards to the subject: Currently Grey Dealers seem to prefer Consignment vs buying more stock they struggle to sell immediately. Even the dealers that were claiming a few months back they would never do consignments. Dealers will only do trade ins if they can slaughter you on the price ( ie you give them a 15500 and get a 116500 with no cash) so then they can sell the 15500 and make profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can one not enjoy the beauty of a gold coin and it’s price action? I jest/just giving you a hard time.

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with list prices with Jan 1 around the corner as they continue to navigate the brand up market. I’m getting nervous for them overshooting though!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote