View Single Post
Old 7 November 2022, 06:56 AM   #106
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
Cartier has some of the most beautiful designs in the industry, close to VC for me, but the fact so many of their pieces are still quartz is a bad look on the brand to me. I can understand having steel tanks and some other smaller, women's watches in steel be quartz given the market for those watches is less likely to care about the internals...but the fact that gold tanks are still being made with quartz and going for 10K USD is a stain on the brand.

Further, the quality of the time pieces is not what I would expect for what you pay for. I picked up the new Santos medium steel a few months ago and was very dissapointed with the movement accuracy as well as the weight, or lack there of, of the bracelet. There is just too much competition in the watch industry today for Cartier to not offer better quality here. Especially with the move to in house movements on the Santos, one should expect a more accurate time piece for example. Its such a shame because the designs are so classic.
Blancpain seems more your style:

"Since 1735 there has never been a Quartz Blancpain watch. And there never will be!"
sski is online now   Reply With Quote