View Single Post
Old 29 November 2022, 04:49 AM   #195
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x29saab View Post
I bought a Montblanc specifically because it was expensive and somewhat delicate. I could not think of a better way to work on my penmanship which was tragic at the time. Spent the last year working on it and now my penmanship has improved tremendously. Could I have done it with a less expensive pen? Certainly. Would I have? No.
I did the same thing, but only sort of. I've used MB ballpoints and rollerballs for several years, and wanted to try out the fountain pen experience. I got a cheap Twisbi and it's alright, but a bit skippy. Last week I decided to jump into a deeper part of the pool. I didn't get an MB as they don't sit quite right for me, and ended up getting a Pelikan M800.

The experience at Barcelona's Central de la Estilografica was amazing! The store is bigger than the average Rolex boutique, and they carry pens ranging from 20-1500 Euros. I tried several Pelikan models and nibs and they swapped the exact nib I wanted onto the pen body I wanted. Never having used a pen that feels just right, it was so darn pleasurable. Frictionless fine nib that felt almost like painting. I'm going to ink it up later today
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote