View Single Post
Old 21 December 2022, 01:37 PM   #43
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
A bit off topic, but consumers also have to understand their rights.

My family sued one PP AD because they didn't want to sell a watch (5980R). Too bad for that AD that they didn't have any mentioning of exhibition/display model, so according to EU Consumer Law, they are obligated to sell all products in the store, unless it's clearly mentioned that it is a display product. Obviously my family won the lawsuit (we got the watch), and that AD lost their PP authorised dealership. Couldn't care less...

My family did the same with Porsche, Audi, and Apple. Point being, EU Consumer Law will always be above the manufacture sales conditions, which most people don't know. Why do you think Rolex has these 'Exhibition Only Model' plates and AP a 'Display Only' sticker at the back...

So yeah, I couldn't care less about my relationship with any stores. I know my rights as a consumer, and I will exercise my rights when needed. If AP blacklists me because I sold a watch, and they don't want to sell me another watch, this is against EU Consumer Law, and AP knows that. It makes me cringe when I read posts when people are afraid of getting 'black listed' by selling THEIR watch, keep it real people and be more assertive.

No idea how it works in the US. EU definitely protects the consumer better. I did the same here in Hong Kong with Parson's Music. They didn't want to sell me a certain Gibson Les Paul model. Few calls and emails to the Hong Kong Consumer Council, and the guitar was mine.
That is honestly very impressive. I had no clue the EU has such laws, and credit to EU for actually enforcing them. Still, it started with you knowing your rights and not accepting to be disrespected.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote