View Single Post
Old 2 February 2023, 02:05 AM   #7
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
The first Aquanaut was just 35mm. this is 5mm larger. In addition to the extra thickness, it's visibly larger than 5167a. So whether it starts with a 7 or a 5 it certainly isn't a watch size made for ladies. If men were to not wear this, it would have nothing to do with the size, and to do with the design and color skeme. I tried one on last year but i didn't even bother to take a picture of it, because the watch just isn't for me.
People are allowed to wear a watch that makes them feel comfortable, irrespective of whether the watch was intended for male or female. However, the model reference designated by the manufacturer identifies who their target audience are. Whether people follow that strictly is a separate question entirely.

Why PP did not give the Rainbow Aquanaut a 5xxx reference number is anyone's guess, but going through the website, most of the models with 7xxx reference number are targeted at females. However, anyone with that kind of money can wear whatever they want as long as they are rock it with confidence. Two people seen to be wearing the 7968 are males so clearly the distinction is not clear cut, but I am just going by the nomenclature that Patek have generally used for their watches.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote