View Single Post
Old 27 October 2006, 09:32 PM   #16
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Muhle uses ETA movements as well (at least in the watches shown from what I have found)......Nomos is the only one I posted that make their own movements. It's actually one reason I would lean towards the white dialed Nomos.
The parts of the manual wind Nomas movement are based on an ETA ébauche. But these parts have been reworked to the Glashütte tradition.So in reality the movement has been changed and refined to a very high standard. Important parts such as the balance including spring, and main spring plus the Triovis regulating system are manufactured exclusively for Nomos.Now comes to the old saying is this a in-house movement perhaps no.But I believe there latest auto models have a In-house designed movement, except for jewels, balance,and mainspring, they are made by a third party especially for Nomas.And there auto model are almost twice the price of the manual wind ones,myself would go for a manual wind.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote