View Single Post
Old 17 July 2023, 03:00 PM   #143
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Porsche just another BMW Audi Mercedes Volvo, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
A slightly loved Aston would be half the price. They tank in value.

It’s interesting though, and I’m an Aston lover too.

But it’s interesting because Aston had certainly remained more exclusive through manufacturing less cars. That’s for sure. But they tank in value because most folks simply don’t want them. I’d guess it’s because the performance isn’t even comparable to a 911.

You could buy a very nice V8 Vantage for just over 100k. Ive thought about it many times. And I’ll likely get one someday. But really your just getting an AMG anyway.

Had a DBS once. A beautiful car. But I just didn’t love it.

I owned a V8 vantage back in the late ‘90s (it was interesting to see it rolled out again in the recent bond movie). It wasn’t particularly nice on the outside and quite dated on the inside — and, as you say, not terribly special in terms of performance either.

However, I’d sooner have one of those than a 911 or AMG; there’s something remarkable about them, they still have a soul that these later things are missing (and that ‘70s and ‘80s Porsches had).

I’m surprised to hear about your experience with the DBS — what didn’t you love? I felt the same way about my Vette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote