View Single Post
Old 17 July 2023, 03:40 PM   #40
foreignexport
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizo View Post
So I have visited the forums before but never thought I would buy a Rolex because I didn’t believe it was something I wanted in my life.

I wear daily my Apple Watch because of the ability to use my headphones and listen to music while taking phone calls during exercise sessions in the morning, jump into shower and check emails and screen calls when away from my phone - just convenient.

My nice watch is my Breitling Super Ocean. Still in very good condition- had it for 17years (wife bought for me when I was 25) and at that time was my daily for 5 years. Great watch and always went well with all occasions.

I do have my Dads watch - solid gold Longines that’s about 32 years old. I was with him in Gernsey (off the coast of France) when I was 9. I don’t wear this as it’s a keepsake and a little small.

Anyhow…a good friend of mine is and always has been a big Rolex enthusiast. He has shown me some of his pieces but I had never felt the urge to get one. He recently showed me his GMt Batman and I kinda fell in love with it. I always notice a nice watch but never seen one that pulled me in like that one.

Then a few days later my other friend had on a “Bluesy” and I couldn’t stop starting at it. I asked a bunch of questions and said I am going to look at one.

Stopped at a watch store and they had a 2020 GMT root beer and also a Batman. I never seen such a nice watch (gmt root beer TT) and realized that was the one. Problem was it was $26k and had no box or papers.

So right then I decided to drive to a AD and try to go the way of the Jedi. Almost put my name down for a yellow gold black dial submariner but I chose to follow my heart on the TT Root beer.

Now the wait begins and it’s only been 3 weeks and I am so anxious. I found an amazing dealer local in Orlando that has 2 / full complete but the used one is $21k…

Doing my best to try and wait it out as I want to have my first Rolex through the AD but it’s killing me. Not sure how you guys wait it out months or years for these but I am sure it’s worth the wait.
Great approach, wish you well in securing the watch that you want.
I picked up my first Rolex last week, silver OP, we all have to start somewhere and thats the fun of it.
foreignexport is offline   Reply With Quote