View Single Post
Old 18 July 2023, 01:02 AM   #13
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
I owned a V8 vantage back in the late ‘90s (it was interesting to see it rolled out again in the recent bond movie). It wasn’t particularly nice on the outside and quite dated on the inside — and, as you say, not terribly special in terms of performance either.

However, I’d sooner have one of those than a 911 or AMG; there’s something remarkable about them, they still have a soul that these later things are missing (and that ‘70s and ‘80s Porsches had).

I’m surprised to hear about your experience with the DBS — what didn’t you love? I felt the same way about my Vette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hard to compare Aston and Porsche. One is known for great engineering. The other is not.

I cannot speak to how anyone feels a car has a soul. A buddy with a GT3RS (yes tracks it like crazy) told me I would hate the Turbo S. It was too perfect, and had no soul.

To date, the Turbo S is my favorite car. I do very much enjoy the sound of an NA engine though. I think ideally, a good sound with all the bells and whistles is perfect.

I think I would love a 992 GT3, but they do not come with surround view or lane change assist. While you dont need that for the track, and I would track it, it would spend most of its life on regular roads, and I like that stuff.

I love my R8, but it has none of that. So maybe I would be fine. In Porsche, I think it is more important that a more exotic style of car.

Anyway, I just found the DBS disappointing. It was just blah in every way. The interior, the V12, the performance. It did nothing for me. For the price, it should be special. It was not. Although, the lines were very pretty.

The newer Vantage I think looks super. But again, an AMG engine, so might just make more sense to get an AMG. But I really do like them, and they can be had at a steal. I will likely get one someday. But not anytime too soon.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote