View Single Post
Old 24 July 2023, 05:02 AM   #155
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I am a former BMW M guy and now a Porsche guy, have two and could not be happier.

While I do dream about owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I can not afford to drive them the way I drive my Porsches. Carefree and hard, my Turbo S for example seems to enjoy being pushed, the harder I push it the more it wants to go.

Anyway, as an enthusiasts I strongly recommend supporting Porsche as a brand. Porsche continues to offer manual cars, expand driver experiences and centers, build motorsports cars, not just daily drivers.
What?

If you’re looking to support Porsche because you think they’re keeping manuals because they’re nice or true enthusiast cars you’re wrong. Risk of Losing business is why they’re doing it and giving market share to others to pounce or the classic restomods like Singer and upstarts was happening. And their driving days are for making money, keeping their clients alive with their products and to sell their next one. This is the same owners group that’s killing the manual VW Gti next year. Imagine a world without a manual GTI.

Instead, support local track days with manual econoboxes to cultivate future manual drivers and enthusiasts so when they get to that level they’ll demand it.

There’s no emotion or orthodoxy or being nice with Porsche. Just ask their 4cyl boxter and full EV Macan ‘plans’ which are now shelved. It’s money. It’s business.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote