View Single Post
Old 24 August 2023, 07:52 AM   #4
MilPauS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgdaytona View Post
In an attempt to add something constructive to this thread... When the Milly was rereleased collectors fawned over it. Then it became old news. I was and still am fascinated by the watch that Rolex (of all folks) put an orange lightning bolt hand and a green crystal on! The gauss rating and all that is no longer (maybe back in the day) much to discuss, but what a COOL oversized oyster case with color! Love the watch! Back around 2020 I let my son pick one of my watches as a college graduation gift. (near perfect gpa) When I laid out all my watches for him to pick, he passed over all (much more expensive) because he loved the look of the Milly. I had it serviced, put back in its box with papers and such and wrapped it up for him for graduation day. A grateful, tasteful, and considerate son bonded with me and the watch community that day for life. It was a very very cool moment. He has since bought another watch on his own since graduation and is still sending me links to read about watches. The Milly was not a "thing" he lusted over, it was more of a thought pattern awakening. Anyway, all that was off topic, BUT to say... LOL... He and I have played around with different straps for it just for kicks. After all... it's just a watch. ;)
That's a good story... and what a feeling to be gifting such an amazing watch to your kid! Not quite there yet (don't even have one ((a kid)) but I sure hope to pass down my Milgauss collection to mi kids one day :)

There has to be something magnetic about the Milgauss (pun intended)... some people just gravitate towards it. I totally identify with your story. Even though I had been into watches from a young age, I thought Rolex was for old people... but around 2010 I saw a GV Milgauss across the cafe where I was sitting and the madness began!
MilPauS is offline   Reply With Quote