View Single Post
Old 22 September 2023, 08:30 AM   #3994
bpetty13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Good afternoon VC Overseas owners! I'm a little late to the Overseas party (which seems will work in my favor as I know popularity and prices skyrocketed over the past few years, but now seem to be softening somewhat). I unfortunately had never really looked at Vacheron and their offerings before (shame on me!), but I am really attracted to the Overseas line. Specifically, the 4500V model. Over the past few weeks I have read through this entire 100 page thread and watched countless videos/reviews of the 4500V Overseas on Youtube. It seems to be an incredibly versatile piece and a stunner to boot! I absolutely love the ability to swap out the bracelet for the included straps via the quick change system. I love watches on rubber straps, especially for the summers here in Texas where it gets so hot and humid. I'm still trying to work out my preference on dial color, but I have narrowed it down to blue or black. I really like them both for different reasons. The blue is amazing (arguably the best blue dial out there) and I love how it changes from a dark blue, almost black, to a bright sunburst blue depending on the lighting. I like really how inky the black dial looks and I think it would probably be a little more understated and fitting for daily wear. So I'm torn on which I prefer.

Now the dilemma. If you look at my current collection in my signature you will see that I only own sports watches (and I'm aware there is redundancy). Sports watches just fit my day-to-day life better. I like all 6 of my current watches. However, with that said, the only ones that are being worn are the Daytonas & GMTs. I haven't worn my 116610LN Sub a single time in the past 3-4 years and the Hulk has maybe been worn 5 times during that same time period. Therefore, I'm considering selling or trading them towards the 4500V Overseas. I really like the versatility the Overseas would bring and the flexibility the additional straps would allow for. What do you think? If you had my current Rolex collection, would you move the 2 Subs for the 4500V Overseas?
126710 BLNR
116610 LV
116610 LN

Sent from my  iPhone
bpetty13 is offline   Reply With Quote