View Single Post
Old 24 October 2023, 10:08 AM   #34
Dynamite_Kid19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
In the time Ovie has played for the Caps rival Pens made it to 4 Stanley cups, winning 3. Players like Crosby and Mallon owned Ovie and the caps.

Ovie, great player, yes, should he be in the conversation of GOAT? No, only one cup and countless playoff letdowns.
Cups are a team award. Pittsburgh has had 2 great top 2 centers for a long time. It's no coincidence the 1 season Kuznetsov played like an actual #2 center, the Caps won the Cup. Ovie was never the problem with the Caps in the playoffs, other guys didn't carry their weight. Gretzky vs Ovie is an impossible debate because of eras. Ovie is amazing because of his consistency for so long. People always rag on Gretzky's era saying defense and goalies were trash but 1 guy did what he did during that time. He was so far ahead of his peers he will remain for me the greatest offensive player, nobody in any sport dominated like he did. If Ovie breaks the goal record he will be the greatest goal scorer, #1 is #1 but Gretzky will remain the greatest offensive player to me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Dynamite_Kid19 is offline   Reply With Quote